It is finally time to go back to school and begin another academic year. Your children are probably excited and a slight bit anxious to go back to school, meet their friends and teachers and start learning.
Whether they are going to attend kindergarten or high school, the first day of school has its own significance for every child. If you want to cheer for them or show your support for them, nothing says it all better than a back to school card.
No matter who you want to send a first day school card to, be it your own child, your niece or the young boy next door, we’re here to help you get started.
Below we have mentioned a list of back to school messages that you can include in your card to show your encouragement and support.
5 Ideas for Back to School Card Messages
1. Fun Messages
Giving children the encouragement they need to have fun is as important as motivating them to learn. This is why you should include a fun message in your card where you can express your support while also reminding them to have fun.
Here are some examples to help you out:
- “Good luck on your first day back! A whole lot of new friends and adventures and learning await! Remember to have loads and loads of fun!”
- “It’s time to go back to school! You are going to have so much fun in 6th grade! There’s so much to learn and look forward to. Make sure to pay attention in class but don’t forget to have a lot of fun while you’re at it. Good luck!”
2. Encouraging Messages
Some kids need some extra motivation to come out of the summer break mindset and get back to school. They could be wistful about going from having a lot of fun time to getting back to the routine. If you are looking for something encouraging to say to a child going back to school, here’s what we have for you:
- “Hey! You’re going back to school! I can’t believe you are in the 8th grade already. I already know you are absolutely going to smash it and have tons of fun. Love you to the moon!”
- “The break is over but the fun just doubled! You have so much to look forward to this year! I can’t wait to hear all about it. Here’s wishing good luck on your first day back!”
- “Woah, is it the first day back to school already? I already know you’re going to kill it this year. You’ve always been such a great kid! Remember to do your homework, make a lot of friends and have a lot of fun adventures!”
3. Supportive Messages
If you want your message to reflect support, here are a few ideas you can use to get inspired:
- “Happy first day back to school! You are in 3rd grade already! Knowing you, you’re going to absolutely kill it this year. You know we’re always here for you and we’ll always be cheering. Good luck for the new school year!”
- “It’s time to go back to school! There is so much to look forward to! New classes, new teachers, new friends, it’s all so exciting. You make me so proud. I’ll always be cheering for you! Have a great time learning!”
4. Messages for Starting University
If you are looking for messages to send to someone for their first day at university, here are some ideas for you:
- “Congratulations for making it to Uni! You make us all so proud! Study well, make lots of friends and don’t forget to make the best of your university experience!”
- “Good luck on your first day at University! If you’re feeling nervous – don’t. You are a rockstar! You’ve got this! There’s a lot of fun adventures to look forward to. Study hard and don’t forget to party!”
5. Messages for Teachers
If you have chosen a card for your little ones, you may want to consider sending their teacher a card too, to thank them for all their hard work and wish them luck on a new academic year.
Showing teachers some appreciation proves to become a motivation for them and makes them feel a little special too.
Here are some ideas for messages you could send to teachers:
- “Happy first day back! We are so grateful that Claire has you as her teacher. She enjoys your classes and always looks forward to them. Thank you for everything that you do for the kids!”
- “We are beyond grateful for your constant efforts at helping our children learn while making it fun for them. We appreciate your hard work and spirit. Thank you for being the best teacher Joe could have ever asked for! Have a wonderful academic year!”
- “Happy first day back! Thank you for being a great teacher in second grade. I am so happy that you are my teacher in the third grade too! I can’t wait to start learning with you!”
To Sum Up
The time children spend at school is special. They make lots of memories that they will cherish forever.
When writing a first day school or first day university message, it is important that you show them your support, encourage them to learn and explore and also remind them to have fun while they’re at it.